Thursday, April 23, 2009

Several Weeks Later.....Still No Smoking!

Well, it's been several weeks now...the urge hits, A LOT! That's OK though!

I can handle it...sometimes. Other times, I have to find something, anything to get my mind off of it!

The roller-coaster...continues! At least I'm still on the ride, I haven't fallen off!

In other news...took my son camping this past week. Let me re-phrase that, my husband to our son camping this past week. I join them for a couple of days. N.I.C.E...

I think I enjoyed it WAY more than they did! Just getting away from things for a few days was a blessing!

My mom is still in the Retirement/Nursing Home. She still calls it the prison. She's starting to adjust to it, she just doesn't want me to know it.

My uncle, refuses to move from the home the City has condemned...that's another battle. One, I'm afraid, no one can win! The end result will be, that the court will appoint an "independent" liaison officer to over see his living arrangements, finances, etc. Since he never married and had a family, I think that this is in his best interest. He has developed quite a gambling problem which coincides with his drinking problem, something I can't handle, for sure!

I have "no patience" for someone who cannot grasp hold of their problems and deal with them. My short coming, I know and I recognize this for what it is and accept it. I try to make them understand that I just do not possess the capability to emphasize. They still do not comprehend! Go figure...

But, now I'm trying to look toward the future more optimistically. One day at a time....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Susan - Tom from bacshortly.com - was just looking at the notes on mine an wanted to thank you for your comment on Vicksburg, one day I just might return and visit some sites - hated to miss that part of it.
Funny reading this post too - I have trouble emphasizing with folks too, after years at the FD I just feel many folks just live for a handout - that bothers me (or should I say I am less sensitive to it than I should be) - anyway, I really enjoyed the surroundings of the river and the trip, all so entertaining.....